Monday, December 22, 2008

Weather sucks ...

Well I'm done with my classes for this semester and I did quite well even though things got a little topsy-turvy. My classes didn't leave me a lot of time to ride. Just before Thanksgiving I did manage to squeeze in what appears to be the last long ride this year. As usual we left from Cranbury, we rode out to Cedar Lakes in Browns Mills (my Bikely's route: Cranbury Cedar Lakes (Full) - 71 miles). It was a nice ride though I wouldn't recommend it on a windy day as it is open to the lake (very cold wind!). And in my never ending search for more roads to the NJ Pine Barrens I found some in Old Bridge (my Bikely's route: Old Bridge Pine Barrens - 46 miles)! Although most of the NJ Pine Barrens are in southern NJ, some can be found as far north as Freehold (around the Rt. 537/Turkey Swamp area I believe. The section I recently found was near the intersection of Rt 18 and Rt 9 on Robertsville Rd. It's not much but during the winter when riding a century to the Pine Barrens is prohibitive (and difficult) it is enough to satisfy my need to seek out the Barrens.

No comments: