Thursday, April 2, 2015

Riding with my peeps

The last few days have been some of the nicest to get in some mileage. But the signs of spring are there. Various birds have arrived (boy does it get noisy, I love it) but most of all, the tree frogs having begun their mating calls (some folks call them peepers because that's what it sounds like). They're wonderful frogs (unless you're trying to sleep), I found one climbing on my house last year.

2 weeks ago I started what has to be the worst asthma attack I've had in years. I had to work to breath (extra push on the exhale). I would walk around the block gasping. Now I'm up to 30 minute walks with my dogs and almost 30 miles on the bike today. Hills still cause me to gasp but that's because I'm a flat lander not my asthma. I've learned an important lesson that I must continue to exercise on a regular basis. I can't let everything else get in the way or I'll have to spend weeks working out to get back to where I can breath again.

No comments: